How do I change my UPWORDS profile picture?
profile picture is simply your Facebook profile picture.
We use a service called Gravatar
to define your UPWORDS
profile picture. Setup an account with Gravatar
using the same email as your UPWORDS
What are Tokens used for?
Currently Tokens can used for 3 things:
- Upworthy Rank - Place tiles and select Upworthy Rank to see how well your move ranks before you commit your turn. You can find this feature in the popup menu next to the Shuffle button
- Challenge Games - Challenge games are accessable in the Online Matches -> New Game area. Compete against other online players to get the highest score against the talented computer players. Winners are rewarded with more Tokens and bragging rights on the leaderboard
- Hints - Stuck? Hints with show you a great play. Hints are only allowed in local matches against computer players
Player Rank, how does it work?
uses the ELO
system for calculating ranks.
- Each player starts with a rank of 1500.
- Ranks are adjusted after each game based on the relative ranks of the players.
- When two players are matched the player with the highest rank is considered more likely to win. When the highest rank player does win they gain a small number of rank points and the loser drops a small number as well.
- When the lower ranked player wins they gain a large number of rank points, after all they beat the odds. The higher rank player in turn loses a large number of points as they were expected to win, but didn't.
My opponent isn’t playing their move. Can I resign or delete this game?
allows 5 days for a player to play a move in an Online Game. On day 4 they will receive a warning via Push Notification. On day 5 they will be automatically resigned from the game which will count as a loss.
If you’d rather not wait out a slow player you can resign the game yourself at any time.
In the Online Matches
section swipe the game cell to the left to reveal the option.
Tap the 3 dots to the right of the game cell to reveal the option.
You can also hit the menu button at the bottom left and tap Resign
If a game has only a few moves played you'll have the option to delete the game without penalty.
What Dictionary do you use? Word “X” is not being accepted!
We get a lot of questions about the dictionary. We use “TWL06”
which is described here:
Official Tournament and Club Word List
I'd like to review the words and points from the last play
Each time you load a game you'll get an overview of the last player's move. You can pop this message up again at any time by tapping on the UPWORDS
logo at the top of the game board.
You can also see a full history of the game by tapping the menu button at the lower left of the game board and selecting Word History